Sunday, April 18, 2010

Relationships

Sometimes I just want to simplify my life and forget about relationships.

Arrange my day to suit myself. Me.
Go to work, a job that I absolutely love.
Focus on my cardio and strength training. 3 times a week! Walk every day!
Do my homework, gather my research and write papers for my master's program.
Read those books that I haven't had time for.

On the back burner goes the phone calls that would explain a misunderstanding.
Often it doesn't help anyway.
Take a message for the "Oh, I just couldn't talk that day" return caller.
Try to convince someone that I was serious, that I was grateful, that I didn't mean it that way, honestly my phone was not working....
Oh forget it.

"Seek to understand rather than to be understood."
"Be too big to take offense and too noble to give it."
"Pray for those that despitefully use you."
"Bless those that curse you."

All of that sounds good .....

No comments:

Post a Comment