Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Written by a 4th-Grader

We just finished the last day of school for this year. I was blessed to have an amazing group of children, who, I am sure taught me at least as much as I taught them! They are prayer warriors and a loving family. They spent part of the last day of school honoring each other, declaring friendships, and proclaiming family.

Some students reveal their God-given gifts early in life. This young lady is a budding author. She is a writer, and with her heart for expression, someday I expect to see her name on the cover of a book!

Read what this young, sensitive, wise-beyond-her-years child wrote to me as a farewell gift:

They say friends are forever. They are sometimes, but I think teachers will last forever. Their legacy will go on. Lots of jobs make a difference: The president does, movie stars do, a missionary does, too, but teachers make the biggest difference.

Without teachers, presidents would not know how to be presidents. Movie stars wouldn't know how to act. Missionaries would not know how to preach. I think teachers are the best.

Thank you, Emily. And because of students like you, teachers love what they do. And I love you. Writers write, keep writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment