Saturday, January 9, 2010

I wanna be a looooooooser!

Of weight, that is, I want to lose weight.

Sometimes I think of my blog as a great place to record weighty thoughts and ponderous issues like political posits, theological questions, life strategies, even simple mind exercises of thought-- but no, now I am going to use it for weighty thoughts -- literally. I journal sometimes, but in this electronic age, with all the electronic toys, blogging is good.

Why lose weight? Well, it used to be because I just wanted to be cute. Now I still want to be attractive (the adjective changes with age -- cute is no longer appropriate) but my doctor advises the weight reduction. Helps with cholesterol, blood pressure, and a myriad of other common complaints that come with being overweight. Maybe age, too, but all the experts say that nothing has to change because of that!

First of all, I am an "apple." That round shape that describes fat accumulation on the stomach, the rear, and thighs. Even my back is a little puffy, for crying out loud!And I still have inproportionate skinny legs and arms.

I see Mrs. Potato Head.

The week before Christmas I decided I would resume my trips to the gym with a purpose and a plan this time. I'm still at it, this second week into the new year. Watching diet, moving, moving, moving -- we'll see. 6 days a week, 3 on for the breathtaking circuit, and 3 days for interval walking on the treadmill.

I always feel great afterwards -- gotta remember that feeling. And energy! Tons more. Well, at least for the part of the day that I generally use it. I get real sleepy at my new bedtime -- about 9 or 10 p.m.

This blog is not meant to be funny. I just want an accountability of my resolve. I keep my BP and weight in another little book -- top secret! :)

I want to encourage and inspire myself.
You go, Patty!

No comments:

Post a Comment